Friday, March 4, 2011

What I’ve learned from others


When looking at other people’s blogs, I tried to find those that are similar and that are different from mine.  I wanted to see what others had to say about their PMAI results, and I wanted to make sure that there were blogs I could learn from.  I decided on two of my classmate’s blogs to read and learn from.  I learned from Veronica’s blog that it is important to enjoy life and to truly live life to the fullest.  It is pointless to work hard and get results when you are not enjoying what you are doing.  Although you may be doing great as a leader, you could be failing at your own life.  I also realize the importance of being a caregiver.  I need to be able to understand and take care of the people I am leading; I need to focus on project members as well as the project in order to get the results I am looking for.  Looking at Sunni’s blog, it appears that we have very similar results when it came to the PMAI tests.  We both believe in taking a no nonsense approach when it comes to dealing with problems, and that we like to go into problems looking at past experiences and trying to solve problems through those experiences.  I learned that putting together structure and policies for team members to follow are essential in leading an organized and focused team.  It is important not only to care for those you lead, but also that people need detailed guidance to accomplish similar goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment